Stretch marks are blemishes that might occur beneath the skin when the body undergoes some major changes.
Eliminating these stretch marks is the dream of many but the real fact is that there are no such miracle products available that can make your skin look normal like it was before the occurrence of stretch marks.
However, there are products available on the internet, which boasts of helping in diminishing the stretch marks or in some cases stop from appearing. One such product that has been gaining upsurge popularity in the recent times is bio-oil.
What is Bio Oil?
Bio oil is a light weight oil that contains natural extracts of plants and vitamins that can be used to treat your stretch marks.
It has an effective ingredient known as the PurCellin Oil , which is the laboratory prototype of the oil secreted by the glands of ducks that aids in their preening regime.
According to the company making Bio oil, this product can lower the effect of stretch marks present on your skin and can help in preventing from occurring.
It can also help correct other imperfections of your skin such as scars, ageing skin, dry skin and skin tone with an uneven look.
Bio oil is manufactured by adhering to the guidelines of WHO or World Health Organisation. Its ingredients have passed through tests to detect adulteration and contamination before it reaches the shops.
How bio oil helps to reduce the stretch marks ?
The key ingredients present in the bio oil can prevent and lower the effect of stretch marks by improving the collagen production.
This in turn helps the skin to regain its elasticity and increase its flexibility.
The presence of the patented ingredient, PurCellin oil makes the oil to spread across the skin easily as it is light weight and non greasy.
This makes the ingredients to get absorbed by the skin easily by improving its elasticity and flexibility. This oil helps to reduce the effect of the stretch marks and prevents new ones from developing on the skin.
The key ingredients in Bio oil
- PurCelin oil – This is a patented ingredient that forms the base of bio oil
- Vitamin E – This vitamin is an antioxidant that helps in moisturizing the skin and keeps it supple
- Vitamin A – This ingredient helps to improve the elasticity, texture and tone of your skin
- Lavender oil – This is a soothing oil that can condition your skin
- Rosemary oil – This oil can invigorate and nourish your skin
- Calendula oil – This oil is loaded with natural antioxidant that can clarify the skin of all marks and hydrates it
- Chamomile – This soothing ingredient can make your skin supple and improve its natural health
Key Features of bio oil for stretch marks
The following are the features of bio oil that makes it have a good effect on the stretch marks.
- Bio oil has many natural ingredients that works together to help in the production of collagen which is a potent building block of human skin
- The light weight formulation of bio oil allows its ingredients to enter in to the skin’s dermal layer that keeps it hydrated and well nourished, which is a relief to the moisture depleted skin.
- The presence of Vitamins E helps the collagen formation and repairs the skin fibers that are damaged.
Bio oil does not make huge promises that it will erase all stretch marks completely. It understands that stretch marks are permanent and hence it assures that the product helps fade them and improves the appearance of your skin.
How to use bio oil for stretch marks?
If you are planning to use bio oil for your stretch marks, make sure you follow these instructions. They are discussed below.
- Bio oil must be massaged in a circular motion on the stretch marks twice a day regularly and continue this regime for a period of three months.
- If you are pregnant or planning to have a baby very soon, make sure that you begin applying bio oil on all areas of your body that might be prone to stretch marks such as stomach, thighs, breasts, hips, lower back or back from your second month (first trimester).
- For best results apply immediately after a bath and make sure that bio oil gets absorbed fully before you put your dress on.
Precautions while using bio oil
Make sure that you are aware of these precautions you must take before using bio oil.
- Used for external application only
- Must not be ingested
- Do not use for perineal message while pregnant or after child birth
- Must not be used on skin with open wounds or broken skin
- Discontinue use of bio oil if you experience irritation or burning feel after application
Bio oil is a popular brand of oil specially developed to take care of stretch marks. The company claims it can be an effective way to prevent stretch marks especially during pregnancy.
Our articles are written by writers with a deep domain understanding of the topic and usually hold Bachelors / Masters degrees. The articles are peer-reviewed before being uploaded on the website. Our writers spend 10s of hours researching and writing articles which are factual and comprehensive. Check out about our team in About Us section.