This amazing recipe is contributed by Paul J. from NY, USA. Thanks Paul.
Things required for Coconut Mayonnaise are:
- Eggs - 4 in number
- Apple cider vinegar - 4 tbs
- Prepared mustard - 2 tbs
- Paprika - 1/2 tbs
- Salt - 1tbs
- 5 cups coconut oil
The process of making it is as follows:
Step 1 : Mix all the ingredients except coconut oil. Then add 1 cup of coconut oil (melted but not hot) into the mixture
Step 2 : Blend the mixture well for 1 minute to 1.5 minutes
Step 3: This is the tricky part. While the blender is running you have to start pouring the remaining coconut oil into the mixture. But it has to be done slowly and at a uniform. Speed is the key here. The mixture will start thickening as oil is added
This makes around 6-7 cups of coconut mayonnaise
Things to take care:
- Coconut oil solidifies below 24 C. Thus this recipe works well when temperature is warm
- The recipe is best served fresh
- Try to use virgin coconut oil and not refined one for preparing the recipe
- In case you refrigerate the recipe for later use, do not heat to bring it to liquid form. Just leave it in open at room temperature.
If you use coconut in your diet and would like to share your recipe, please feel free to drop and email with the same. Try to include a pic of your dish if you can, makes a lot of difference!